HISTORY OF AN EMPIRE
Watch the video (SEVERAL TIMES, if necessary!) and answer these questions.
- Make a list of the countries that were part of the British Empire.
- What was the "West India Company"?
- What happened after Britain won the Napoleonic Wars against France?
- Who was the "Indian Empress"?
- What did the British trade with their colonies?
- Did they promote fair trade? What do you think?
- Which products were very valuable? Where did they come from?
- Make a chronological timeline of the colonies that left the Empire. OPTIONAL: You may consult OTHER source to complete the dates when these former colonies became independent.
- SONG: What FACTS do you learn when you listen to this funny song?
- How is the video related to our study material?
- How did you like this video?
- WHAT NEW information have you learned?
CREDITS (questions): Bárbara
DEADLINE: May 31.